I offer quality and efficient legal services to business owners and individuals, with an emphasis on disputes involving construction, real estate and contract disputes.
I am admitted to practice law in the State of Illinois, the Northern District of Illinois and the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois. I provide representation and advice to clients in the following practice areas:
Construction Litigation and Counseling
I work clients involved in all aspects of construction projects, including owners, lenders, title companies, contractors and subcontractors. The types of projects include commercial and residential projects for public and private owners. My services include:
- Mechanics lien claims and litigation
- Bond claims
- Contract issues
- Design and construction defects
- Personal injury or death.
Commercial and Business Law
In addition to construction issues, I offer legal services to clients regarding more general issues facing most businesses, including the formation and dissolution of business entities and contract disputes.
I offer legal services to condominium associations, landlords and tenants regarding declarations and bylaws, association collection issues, secured deposits, and evictions. I also represent homeowners in connection with the purchase of real estate.
Whether a potential client has suffered an injury or needs to be defended against claims of personal injury, I can provide representation to help.
For clients accused of criminal or quasi-criminal conduct, I offer an aggressive approach to defense in connection with misdemeanors. At this time, I do not work with clients on felony indictments.
I have a history of successfully resolving mechanics lien claims and breach of contract claims in Illinois on behalf of lenders, owners, developers, contractors and subcontractors. My experience includes the successful defense of a lender against $9M claim for a mechanics lien, breach of contract and delay damages brought by a general contractor on a large condominium project near Soldier Field.
I have represented general contractors and subcontractors in lawsuits involving claims for defective work, damage to adjacent property, and personal injuries arising from construction accidents. I also have experience with matters involving insolvent contractors and subcontractors that filed for bankruptcy or executed assignments for the benefit of creditors.
Before starting my own firm in 2009 I worked at a boutique law firm in Chicago specializing in construction law. Before then I worked as an associate in the commercial litigation department of a large Chicago law firm, where I worked on a variety of cases, including: construction litigation, unfair and deceptive business practice claims, antitrust class actions and personal injury lawsuits.
Areas of Practice
- Business & Commercial Law
- Construction Law
- Estate Planning
- Foreclosure & Alternatives
- University of Illinois College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude) – 2003
- Honors: First Place Team and Best Brief, Midwest Moot Court Competition, Spring 2003
- Honors: Best Oralist, Frederick Green Moot Court Competition, Fall 2001
- Honors: Rickert Awards for Excellence in Legal Publication and Oral Advocacy
- Honors: University of Illinois College of Law Lincoln Scholar, 2000-03
- Honors: Dean’s List: Fall 2000, Spring 2001, Fall 2002, Spring 2003
- Law Journal: Elder Law Journal, Member, 2001 – 2003
- Law Journal: Elder Law Journal, Editorial Board Member, 2002 – 2003
- University of Illinois at Urbana / Champaign
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: English
- Published Note, “Weakening Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act: The Buckhannon Decision and Other Developments Limiting Private Enforcement”, 10 Elder L. J. 361, Fall, 2002